Thanks for checking out my cotton yarn pads crochet pattern. I’ve decided to replace my cotton wool pads with cotton yarn pads, and I will never go back! There’s so many benefits to making the change. Firstly, the eco-friendly face pads will help you do your bit to help our plant as you’ll be sending less to landfills. Secondly, you’ll save money. Unlike your usual cotton wool pads, the cotton yarn pads are re-usable so you’ll never have to buy more again. If your anything like me you’ve probably got a little leftover cotton in your stash waiting for a purpose. Thirdly, I have to admit the cotton yarn pads look so much nicer than their rival. Not only do they look nicer they also feel nicer on your skin. It feels like they’re gently exfoliating while removing your make-up. I’ve also tried applying face serums and creams with them too and had no problems at all.
Why use crochet face pads?
The cotton yarn pads are a great alternative to cotton wool pads. They are exactly the same size in diameter, but are thicker and better quality. The face pads have a simple yet pretty texture and are ideal for removing make up and applying creams and serums. The face pads are also re-usable, therefor helping both your pocket and the environment.
- Eco-friendly – Send less to landfills and do your bit to save our planet.
- Cheaper – Use up leftover cotton, no need to buy more disposable pads.
- Quality – They look and feel superior in quality.
- Exfoliating – Gently exfoliates skin as your removing your make-up.
- Super soft – Soft enough to apply your creams and serums.
How to crochet re-usable face pads
The cotton yarn pads crochet pattern is easy skill level. You’ll need to know your basic crochet stitches and also know how to work into a magic ring. Additionally you’ll need to know how to make a cluster stitch stitch, although instructions on this stitch are included in the pattern. To make the cotton yarn pads I used white aran (weight 4) yarn and a 5mm crochet hook. As the name suggests, cotton will work best for this pattern. I chose to use white like a traditional cotton wool pad but you could use any colour you like. The crochet pattern is very fast, it’s only 3 small rounds to complete one face pad. You can easily whip a basket full up in no time!
Collect them all
Did you know there’s a whole collection of free homeware crochet patterns? Click here to see them all!
Premium pattern download
Going premium allows you to instantly download and print your very own copy of the cotton pads crochet pattern, plus it contains zero ads!
Crochet pattern information
- 5mm crochet hook
- Worsted yarn
- Weight – Aran / Worsted / #4
- Brand – Yarn & colours epic cotton
- White – 7 yards per pad
Size & Gauge
- 2” x 2” gauge swatch = 8 rows of 7 sc
- Finished size – 6cm diameter
- Chains and finishing slip stitches are not included in the stitch count.
- Stitches separated with a comma are to be made in separate spaces eg. (sc, inc) would mean sc in first stitch then inc in next stitch.
USA Terminology (U.K. translation)
- ch – Chain
- cl – 3 double crochet cluster stitch (instructions below)
- sc – Single crochet
- 2sc – 2sc in 1 space (increase)
- sl st – Slip stitch
- st/sts – Stitch/stitches
3 double crochet cluster stitch instructions
- Yarn over, insert hook & pull up a loop, yarn over & pull through 2 loops on the hook
- Repeat 2 more times
- Yarn over & pull through 4 loops on the hook
By using Hookfully’s website you are agreeing to its terms & conditions, copyright agreement and safety disclaimer. Read more…
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to make a purchase using my links.
Cotton yarn pads – free crochet pattern
Let’s begin the cotton yarn pads free crochet pattern! Don’t forget you can purchase a premium version of this pattern if you’d like to see more progress photos and less ads.
Cotton yarn pads
- sc x 8 into a magic ring
- sl st to join to 1st st & ch 2
- (cl, ch) 8 times
- sl st to first st & ch 1
- (2sc in cl, 2sc in ch space) 8 times
- sl st to first st, fasten off & weave in ends