This free heart appliqué crochet pattern is a simple design made in just two rounds. With Valentine’s Day approaching I thought I’d share with you my little love heart appliqué. It’s super quick and easy to make! Like all appliqués it can be sewn onto any of your projects to personalise them and it measures just 6cm x 6cm. It’s the perfect size for a granny square, bunting & greeting card to name just a few ideas. The heart appliqué uses very little yarn so it’s a great pattern to use up scraps.
How to crochet a heart applique
The heart appliqué crochet pattern is beginner friendly. You’ll need to know all your basic crochet stitches. You’ll also need to know how to crochet into a magic ring. To make the heart appliqué I used fuchsia DK (weight 3) yarn and a 4mm crochet hook. I do believe this pattern is suitable for other yarn weights too, but you would need to use the recommended hook size for your yarn. You should find this information on the packaging.
Collect them all
Did you know there’s a whole collection of free applique crochet patterns to collect? Click here to see them all!
Premium pattern download
Going premium allows you to instantly download and print your very own copy of the heart applique crochet pattern, plus it contains zero ads!
Crochet pattern information
- 4mm crochet hook
- DK weight yarn
- Sewing needle
- Weight – DK / Light Worsted / #3
- Brand – King Cole Pricewise DK
- Candy – 7 yards
Size & Gauge
- 2″ x 2″ = 7 rows of 9 hdc
- Height 6cm x Width 6cm
- Chains and finishing slip stitches are not included in the stitch count
- The last numbers in brackets are the total number of stitches in the round
- Stitches separated with a comma are to be made in separate spaces. eg. (sc, 2sc) would mean sc in first stitch then 2sc in next stitch
USA Terminology (UK Translation)
- ch – Chain
- dc – Double crochet
- 2dc – 2 dc in 1 space (increase)
- hdc – Half double crochet
- MR – Magic ring
- sc – Single crochet
- 2sc – 2 sc in 1 space (increase)
- sl st – Slip stitch
- st/sts – Stitch/Stitches
- tr – Treble crochet
- 2tr – 2 tr in 1 space (increase)
- 3tr – 3 tr in 1 space (increase)
By using Hookfully’s website you are agreeing to its terms & conditions, copyright agreement and safety disclaimer. Read more…
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you choose to make a purchase using my links.
Heart applique – free crochet pattern
Let’s begin the Heart Applique free crochet pattern! Don’t forget you can purchase a premium version of this pattern if you’d like to less ads.
Simple Heart Applique
- dc x 15 into MR.
- sl st to first st
- ch x 3, 2tr, 3tr, 2dc, dc, hdc, hdc, 2dc,
- ch x 3 then sl st into first ch to create the point at the bottom of the heart.
- 2dc, hdc, hdc, dc, 2dc, 3tr, 2tr
- ch x 3 and sl st into the bottom of first ch3
- Fasten off.