How to crochet a simple C2C border?
This simple C2C border will neaten up your corner to corner squares, adding a simple border for c2c blanket squares can help neaten up your projects before you join them. This C2C border pattern is best for individual squares. The mini border is simply made using chains and single crochet stitches. You can learn more on how to crochet C2C by downloading the free how to c2c crochet guide.
Why add a border to a C2C Crochet Square?
Adding a border to a C2C (corner-to-corner) crochet square can enhance the overall appearance of the piece and make it look more polished. In addition to the aesthetic benefits, a border can also help to stabilize the edges of the square and prevent them from stretching or fraying over time. This is especially important if the square will be used in a larger project, such as a blanket or afghan. This basic crochet border in a neutral color can provide a clean finish to your crochet square. Ultimately, the decision to add a border to a C2C crochet square is a personal one and depends on the desired outcome of the project. However, in most cases, a well-executed border can elevate the overall quality and appearance of the piece.
What can you do with a C2C crochet square after adding a border?
After adding a border to a C2C crochet square, there are many things you can do with it. Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Use it as a placemat: A C2C crochet square with a border can make a great placemat for your table, especially if it’s crocheted with cotton yarn.
- Make a blanket: By creating multiple C2C crochet squares of the same size, with borders you can stitch them together to make a cozy and colorful blanket.
- Create a pillow cover: A C2C crochet square with a border can be turned into a lovely pillow cover to add a homemade touch to your living room or bedroom.
- Design a bag: With just 2 squares and a simple handle, you can create a unique and stylish tote bag.
- Hang it as wall art: You can frame your C2C crochet square with a border and hang it on your wall as a beautiful piece of art.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. With some creativity, you can come up with many more ways to use your C2C crochet squares.
C2C Border Pattern
- sc – Single crochet
- ch – Chain
- sl st – Slip stitch
Free Crochet Pattern – C2C border
This free crochet pattern is for 25×25 C2C graphs
- Start with a sc in any the corner
- (ch x 2, sc between blocks) 96 times
- sl st to first st, fasten off & weave in ends
Free C2C patterns
Click here to see all the C2C crochet patterns and guides by Hookfully!